Let's make a quick and delicious focaccia for tonight's guests

Focaccia Made Easy and Fast

We all have been in a situation that an impromptu party was organized for friends or family members and only had 4-5 hours to make something delicious to nibble on. I love that just because I have limited time on my hands, I don’t have to ditch the idea of using pizza dough in this kind of “party-emergency”, even if I usually ferment my dough for at least 12 hours to create my favourite crust. My quick dough method is a perfect material to make focaccia bread with black olives, cherry tomatoes and fresh rosemary. I serve it with extra virgin olive oil and cold cuts, cured meat and cheese on the side.

This QUICK DOUGH recipe is featured in my pizza dough recipe book now available on Amazon: The Pizza Project Book

Focaccia with rosemary, cherry tomato and kalamata black olives


What is focaccia exactly?

Focaccia is a flat, oven-baked Italian bread. Its texture is very similar to pizzas. It may be served as an antipasto, table bread, or snack. I like to use high hydration pizza dough fermented to the point to produce a nicely rising, light result with lots of air pockets. Just like the way I prefer my pizza crust. There are many different variation for focaccia, it usually depends on which Italian region we talk about. In Northwest Italy, a popular variant is focaccia dolce ‘sweet focaccia’, which is sprinkled lightly with sugar, and may include raisins or honey. In Genoa, focaccia is eaten in the morning at breakfast or during the day. It is often dipped in milk or in cappuccino at breakfast and eaten warm and wet. I love the focaccia al rosmarino as I am a huge fan of fresh rosemary. I always add cherry tomato and kalamata black olives to it to create a divine flavour combination.

Using only the basic ingredients


The greatness about focaccia is that is it requires much less attention, labour and skills than pizzas usually do. In 15 minutes the mixing and the kneading of the dough is done. Than it only needs a few minutes when the fermentation is done to lay it down in our pan and add the desired ingredients before it goes into the oven. Watch the video about the entire process of making focaccia here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQjsikM8EI


Our focaccia is ready to go into the oven

Comments